Monday, November 5, 2012

Mirror, Mirror.

Mirror, mirror...

These are the words that are constantly playing in my head these days. I have a pocket-sized one following me wherever I go. Sure, I know she is a little sponge and will pick up on things here and there, but recently it seems almost immediate. A reflection.

Here are a few examples:

One night mommy and daddy were crumbling tortilla chips on their chili for dinner. MC wanted a chip- and then proceeded to do the same thing instead of eat it straight-up.

We were at mom's prayer last Friday and I was swinging a little one that was content to be there after a tearful good-bye to her own mommy. After she was cool, calm, and collected, I went to go help with some other littles. I come back to find my own daughter swinging the sweet one on her own and making smiles her way. My heart swelled. Tears were at the brink- and I was so proud to be my little compassionate girl's mama.

She now attempts to change her own baby dolls' diapers and tells me if they are wet or "poo poo".

She talks with her hands.

She will try and clean windows, dust furniture, etc...right after me with her own little rag.

She "folds" laundry and puts it up.

If I am putting my make-up on while sitting on the floor by our full-length mirror, she digs into my make-up bag- examining the goods and then tries to "put on" some make- up herself.

She will try on daddy's hats and mommy's necklaces.

She drums with good form {or so daddy says} just like he does.


She can say "No!" pretty firmly. {Not so sure I'm always happy about that one.}

Just this morning as I was sweating to Jillian Michaels, she tried to do her version of push-ups with me. {Lay on your belly and look up}


There are other things I know that I've already forgotten and that might jump back into my memory, but I wanted to capture these little reflections for sure. My little shadow, mirror, sponge is watching my every move and there are times when it is reflected back at me when I least expect it. Then there are flashes of my former self, and my husband- plus something completely different- all in one.



 



 


 


  




 





 






The true molding is beginning and starting to truly take shape in her. I pray that God gives us the daily tools to help her be independent and strong, mixed with just the best of her daddy and myself. Because, Lord knows, she sure is watching.




No comments:

Post a Comment