Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloweening.

Halloweening isn't really a word, but you probably already knew that. I just thought it was the only way to describe the week leading up to the costume and sugar-overloaded holiday.

 Holidays were always big time in my house growing up and I've carried it with me and allowed it to spread as I've gotten older. This particular one was never about the dark and evil to us- in fact, I was actually surprised when I got older in school and had friends that thought it was the devil's holiday. I had been brought up to believe that it was in connection to All Soul's day and that costuming was in fact a protection against all of the evil things. Either way- we saw no harm in playing dress up, hanging out with neighbors while getting some sweet treats out of the deal. In fact, my mother in law shared this post on Halloween and I feel it sums up my feelings about it exactly.


Anyway, back to Halloweening. This year was pretty awesome. I took the girls to another punkin' patch where they helped me pick out mine for carving and they each scored some mini ones to keep too.



She was smelling this one- I loved how she would always pick the imperfect as her perfect.
We brought home one from another patch that had no stem because she loved it so much.

Too much sweetness.

Then, after finding the right punkins' we of course had to decorate them by carving, painting, or sticking on stickers.








Daddy's pumpkin

MC's pumpkin

Mommy's pumpkin- didn't help the Cards out much unfortunately.





And then of course came the costumes and the sugar overload. We attempted the Storybook Forest one night before there was supposed to be some pretty horrible weather {and since daddy was going to have rehearsal on the actual evening of Halloween}. However, everyone else in Edmond decided to do the same, so needless to say, we didn't make it. But, we did get the opportunity to get in costume and see Nana, so I guess it worked out in its own way.




For the finale of Halloweening, we had a girls' evening. Ouma and Nana came over for quesadillas and trick or treating. This year was pretty awesome because the bug really got into it. My mom and I would tell her to say Trick or Treat and Thank you and she caught on quick. We'd finish one house and she would say "I want to go to 'nother house."







I think this is sweeter than all of the candy we now have in our house.



Happy Halloweening! 



No comments:

Post a Comment