Saturday, December 28, 2013

{Mis}adventures in Gingerbread House Building...

The idea of gingerbread houses is so adorable and sweet. Take some gingerbread, some icing {that is supposed to act as glue} and some candy and build your little heart out. The box comes with simple instructions and you have high hopes that it will be just as picturesque as the example on the box. {Even with little helping hands}

Now, I consider myself to be a fairly crafty person. I like to make cutesy stuff and decorate. I like details and I am an overall pretty patient person. So, what should be so hard about a small cookie house?

Let's just say that for the past two years it has proven to be a pretty hard task. I never really made these delicious things growing up. We had so many other traditions and things that we did at home that these little houses just never made the list and I am not entirely sure why. So, when Ouma offered to get us one when she got her class one, I thought, sure...why not? This should be fun! A new tradition for the Bassets.

Well, after much determination {and a little one eating most of the decorations}...here is our 2nd annual attempt at making the ever coveted perfect Gingerbread house.

{Disclaimer: Imperfection having to pass off as perfection in this case.Especially when you start off with a cracked roof.}














At least it was standing this year! And, the ability to laugh at ourselves is still intact. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment