Sunday, May 29, 2011

Second Grade Pearls of Wisdom





Teaching elementary school is such a rewarding experience...because children will constantly surprise and amaze you. In my short time away this spring, I didn't realize I missed some of their quirks and "pearls of wisdom" (if you will).

Recently, my 2nd grade class hosted a children's book shower for Mackenzie and me where they bestowed their best advice on being a new mommy.

Here are some of my favorites (complete with their phonetic/inventive spellings :) :

"Allways chane there diapure and allways checke there diepure when they are crying and when they have dry skin rub very oily baby loshun and athoer is to put littel water with baby loshun."

"Hi! Always remember to feed and change the baby. It would really help."

"You suod keep a eye on her. Remeber to maker lafe."

"Make sure you feed the baby...oh, and don't be efrar (afraid)."

"I hope you like the baby. I love the baby."

"Don't forget to feed her. Keep her active, something to do. Get her on a schedldule so you won't have to wake up in the night. Hope you have a great time with her."

"Change her and burp her and put on ear muffs."

"If the baby is cring give her yogert because that oweys ceered (cheered) my brother up."

"The baby will never fully go to sleep. Mackenzie will wake you up."

"Dress Mackenzie up warm in the winter. Burp Mackenzie. Do not be afraid to change poopy dipers."

"Take good care of the baby and wach out because thay poop."



How lucky and blessed they made me feel...I got the gift of laughter, love, and some wonderful treasures for my newest little reader! What a treat!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have met your kiddos! I missed seeing you with the 5th graders last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get two comments from me today! I gave you a blog award! Scope out my blog for the details...

    1000differentpieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the yogurt comment..so adorable to get inside their little minds!!!

    ReplyDelete