Monday, May 9, 2011

A year of firsts...This week's episode: Mother's Day


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. - Rajneesh

-----------------------


I have always wanted to be a mother. I can remember as a little girl when my baby brother was born, I told my mother that he was mine--and since then I have been her "Lil Mama". But, little did I know what being a mother truly meant. I thought I knew the type of mother I'd be because of the woman I have grown into, but when Mackenzie was born a new me was born too...and with that, all of the firsts a baby blessing brings.

First cries, hugs, and kisses
Introductions to the world and the people who love us
Diaper changes and spit up recoveries
First grunts, coos, and other sweet noises
Interrupted sleep for reasons other than college demands or our own sickness
An indescribable love like no other
cuddles and play time
Questions and worries that only a new parent knows
Hopes for a lifetime

and then there are those first days you will always remember
a birthday
a milestone
and each special holiday...like Mother's Day.


The weekend started off with some favorite flowers...

Followed by:

A breakfast of coffee, juice, pancakes, bacon, and eggs by the daddy.

A lunch table set with anticipation of steak and potatoes with china that a grandmother would love.


And more first sweet memories filled with amazing women, who helped me become the woman I am and who will help my little one turn into the woman the Lord wants her to be.
We were made into a Nana, Ouma, and Mama...all because Mackenzie was born.We were made absolutely new, because of the newness she brought with her into this world. The happiest and best Mother's Day gift of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment