Monday, May 28, 2012

Springing into Summer...

Spring is drawing to a close. From Spring Break on- it has felt like a blur. The downhill slide of the school year always feels like that, but this year it was especially true. 


Here are some highlights from the ending of Spring:


Spring break was a bit rainy, but we were able to catch a sunny day and take the bug to the zoo. This trip was a bit more memorable than her first one. We saw her point and interact more with the animals and the people around us.


Here are some pics from that day:




 I got to feed the giraffes and could not have been more thrilled. It truly was a dream come true. (For those of you that may or may not know of my love for giraffes)






We recently got a Zoo Friends membership, so I see many more trips in our future.


Spring also brought many concerts, Easter and Mother's Day, baby's first plane ride and trip to Orlando (that will have to be an entirely different post), and the ending of the school year (also another post). In the hustle and bustle of the ending of the school year, I didn't get to document or photograph everything that I wanted. I am hoping that this will change- that my camera (or my phone) and I will be better at capturing moments. Moments that I don't want to forget and moments that I want to assign a word or more in order to share. However, with a very mobile and aware 1 year old, that could be a more challenging feat than I think. 


I love that with each holiday (or each day rather) she is constantly absorbing new information and learning. In fact, just today she saw me hanging her diapers outside to dry and she picked one up and did what I was doing. So simple- yet so sweet to see her mind working and trying to figure out what she is supposed to do.


Here are some last Spring pictures as we get ready to usher in the warmer months...

 Discovering her Easter basket goodies...

 Easter brunch on Great's (my great-grandmother) china...


 Nana and Papa reading the Easter story book they gave her


 Who says you can't play with bubbles inside?


Sharing smiles and cuddles with Ouma...


Attempting sidewalk chalk for the first time...

1 comment:

  1. oh I love me a baby with side walk chalk! she is just adorable! so excited for this new season for your family!

    ReplyDelete