Monday, October 14, 2013

Breaking in Fall.

I am so thankful that fall is here. I love it. I absolutely love it. And, I loved it back before Pumpkin Spice Lattes made it cool. Now, don't get me wrong, I love pumpkin just about everything, but my love for fall runs deeper than just one flavor. It is a season for all things new: new colors that you can only see this time of year, a new school year {and football season}, a crispness in the air while the scent of fireplaces and grills tickle your nose, and everything around you seems to build in anticipation for the holidays on the horizon. 

We've broken in this fall just right with fried food and other festivities- enjoying the perfect weather this season has to offer. 



We began fall with a trip to the Great State Fair of Oklahoma! This trip included the aforementioned fried food, a date with the Disney princesses and a car show. I am not sure which the bug enjoyed more, Disney on Ice or the car show- both scored equally big in her book.









This weather allows for trips to the zoo- we never seem to get enough of that place. We even brought some new friends with us on our past couple of trips. Uncle Ray Ray and his girlfriend joined us one week and part of the Brooks fam joined us on another trip.





 


We've spent time in the sun and time in the shade with little ones, dressing in layers as the weather dictates our days and fluctuates 20 or so degrees within a few hours.






Our garden hasn't stopped blooming. It knows this isn't a season to be missed either. It wants to be a part of it, just as much as we do. And, with a little cleaning up from me and some touches from Ouma, it hasn't missed a beat.






 Fall is in bloom around here- now go break it in.








No comments:

Post a Comment