Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Blessings

My husband does many things right. {As evidenced in my previous post} However, when it comes to my birthday, he truly knows how to do it up and boy, does he ever bless me!  I'm still not quite sure how I got to be so deserving in his eyes.

The morning started off with some baby snuggles and after her morning feeding he asked me if I was ready for my present...Of course! He had been asking me if I had wanted it for nearly two weeks, so I was definitely ready.

He reached into his night stand and pulled out a slip of paper...it was a clue, and the hunt began.




After several spots to places around our home, it lead me to a Wheel of Fortune clue on his iPad. {Side note: We don't have cable anymore, so one of our evening obsessions is Wheel of Fortune} I quickly figured out the clue that lead me to open an app. Inside the app was a little confirmation for this ticket....




Coldplay. Tickets. For. Me! What??!

We love Coldplay. In fact, "Green Eyes" was the first song we danced to on our wedding day. We saw them a few years ago on their Viva La Vida tour when they came to OKC, and it was amazing. It was one of the best concerts, if not the best- that I had ever seen. So, when Mylo Xyloto came out a while back, I started searching for when their touring dates in the states would be. After my search,  I  hinted to Adam that their nearest destination would be Dallas {and it just so happened to be the weekend after my birthday}. Knowing that we are saving up $$ for other things at the moment, I did not think that it would become a reality {even though we do have a trip budget}.

I guess I was wrong.

He arranged for a place for the bug to stay {what grandparents are going to say no, right?} and said that we would be heading out the next day with a hotel booked for the night.  Along with a few must-stop places on our journey....

In-N-Out Burger. Best fastfood burgers...hands down. He likes 'em.



We ate at a pizza place called Sfuzzi's in Downtown Dallas before the show. Talk about yum! And yes, that is an egg on our pizza and yes, it was good.



Then, it was time for the show.



They didn't disappoint. Plus, one of the opening bands, Wolf Gang, was pretty good too- you should try and check them out here if you haven't heard of them. You'll thank me later.


One thing that was unique about the whole concert was that they had these wrist bands that activated at different points during the show. They were synced to the music and it was overall pretty awesome. Here's a snip-it:




This was the first time I had left the little bug overnight with someone other than Adam, and only the second time overnight. There were a few tears, but  we made it. I think it was good for us to get away for a bit- to transform from mommy and daddy to just husband and wife for 24 hours. Plus, she had a great time with Ouma and Oupa, and didn't seem to miss a beat.

Plus, the reunion was pretty sweet once we got home.

Thanks for the birthday blessings, hubs-- from the breakfast with my two loves to the birthday road trip, my cup runneth over. Hello, 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment