Monday, June 4, 2012

Other Floridian Adventures..




After the Doctor was presented his diploma we got to celebrate...and boy, did we ever celebrate! If getting your PhD calls for Disney and the beach, maybe I should go back to school too. ;)

MC ate it all up- the beach was a bit scary at first, but once she got a feel for the sand and the water, she became her usual animated self. 

These pictures definitely say it all:






Fun in the sun- you bet! Can't wait to take her back!

And, as if playing beach bums was not enough to make us happy, we got to venture to the happiest place on earth next.

I was curious to see how the bug would take meeting all of the characters in costumes, foregoing usual naps for ones in the stroller, and the heat/humidity that is Florida. At any given point at Disney there were the sounds of babies, toddlers, and older children melting down, and we were lucky that our little bug was not one of them. We were able to enjoy all of the animation and delight that the dreamland had to offer. MC already had a little spark of joy about her while we were there for a short time, I can only imagine what it will be like to take her there when she can truly appreciate it all.

We were lucky enough to visit both Epcot and Walt Disney World. And, although I love me some Cinderella's castle, I must say that I think I enjoyed Epcot more. Perhaps it was because the bug could ride almost every ride with us, or maybe it was just the culture of it- either way, it was an amazing place. Both places definitely lived up to my own childhood dreams of visiting.
They give you buttons to help personalize your visit- they have them for other special occasions too, like birthdays.

My mother-in-law and I kept giving Adam a hard time because of all of the pictures he was taking without people in them  (of the scenery, etc.) -- so she had to jump into one. I love her.

The whole Basset Bunch at Epcot.

My other sunglasses decided to take a swim in the ocean, so I upgraded at WDW. Best. Souvenir. Ever.

MC loved meeting all of the sweet characters- especially Aurora.

The visit to see Winnie and Tigger might have been more for Mama this go around than our sweet one. However, she did not get scared by them- which I am grateful for!

Adam and Gareth LOVE Paddington Bear. We were in luck, they had one with MC's name all over it. She loved on him the rest of our time there.




Mickey and Minnie were so sweet with her. MC loved Minnie - she touched her nose and tried to give her kisses. She absolutely lit up.  I loved our moment, though brief, with Mr. and Mrs. Mouse.
 And the love for Mickey and Minnie continues...



Of course, we couldn't miss a chance for a picture with Cinderella's castle.

On the Winnie the Pooh ride, waiting for Daddy to join us. 

What a wonderful and precious trip. I hope that whatever vacations come your way this summer- you have safe travels and memories that you will want to share over and over again.


And with all of these memories that I've just shared with you, I hope that you...








1 comment:

  1. what a magical trip for your family! you look so happy sweet mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete