Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Da Da: Love

I once saw a post on a friend's Facebook page that said something to the effect that loving your partner takes on a whole new meaning when you see your child in their arms. This was pre-MC days and I can remember thinking about how sweet and wonderful a sentiment that was. However, knowing something is sweet and actually experiencing it are two entirely different things. Now that I am a mama, let me say, I have experienced it and it is more sweet and wonderful than the words can ever imply. 

You enter in a marriage because you love everything {or, almost ;) everything} about them. You imagine what your life will look like- the adventures you will take, the hardships and joys you will endure, and everything in between. You may even go as far as to dream about what your kids will look like and what family will really mean with that person. And then you add another person to it all...and reality kicks in. Big time.






























My reality turned into a pretty sweet one the day that I married the future "Dada" of my little one. 
He went from being my fun-loving husband and best friend, to my other pair of hands, the interceder for when I reach my limit, and the fun-loving dad of my daughter. My friend was right. I love him more now and in a way I didn't even know existed until a little over a year ago. I'm so glad we got to celebrate him this weekend. I know that our dads here and those that we miss are SO proud of you. They are happy that you have joined their ranks-- and we are too.





No comments:

Post a Comment